- quailinator likes this
- crevan-grietje reblogged this from maelgwyn
- runrenrun likes this
- scarletfame likes this
- slimmeroo likes this
- crevan-grietje likes this
- kobbers said: Oh man, I believe I’ve complained to you about forest floors lately. X) Still loving that hand 8)
- lewsey said: oh wow owowow this is really great, theres some nice depth in those last two
- lewsey likes this
- celebrenithil likes this
- rabbiting likes this
- sammvitch likes this
- moonjellybeans likes this
- moonjellybeans said: It looks simply stunning so far, Mael! Wow!! So much detail! I see why you were going on about leaves for so long XD
- maelgwyn posted this
Remember when I was begging you guys for help critiquing a painting? Well I got the job! Thank you all for that! :D
These were for a textbook aimed at second graders, so they wanted BRIGHT SATURATED COLORS. Which is not… my area. But thankfully that’s what Photoshop is for! This story is about the Mound-builder peoples of the Mississippi basin. (I had no idea these people even existed before starting this project. Oops.)
Since this was work for hire, and since I don’t like the full images anyway, here are my favorite parts. Pretty much everything but the people. Sorry, people :c
Note: Painting leaf litter is a PAIN. LITERALLY.
And yes, I did go to the Greg Newbold school of noodling, how did you know?
Images copyright Core Knowledge.